Last Updated: May 2019
On this page, you can find links to all of our content on IDinsight, which we have supported with Incubation Grants. The goal of our partnership with IDinsight is to support the development of future GiveWell top charities and provide additional monitoring and evaluation support to existing GiveWell top charities. You can read more about how GiveWell and IDinsight work together, and what that means for charities that engage with IDinsight as part of this project, here.
General information about our work with IDinsight
- March 2019: IDinsight received a GiveWell Incubation Grant of $474,374 to support a scaled-up study surveying potential beneficiaries of our top charities about the relative value they place on different good outcomes, such as averting a death or doubling a household's income.
- February 2019: IDinsight received a GiveWell Incubation Grant of $184,324 to support its evaluation of New Incentives' program of conditional cash transfers for infant immunizations in northern Nigeria.
- April 2018: IDinsight received a GiveWell Incubation Grant of $1,196,729 to support their GiveWell-embedded team.
- May 2017: IDinsight received a GiveWell Incubation Grant of $2,321,617 to support its GiveWell-embedded team for the next twelve months.
- October 2016: Good Ventures granted $314,752 to support the creation of an "embedded GiveWell team" at IDinsight.
- June 2016: Good Ventures granted $1,985,000 in unrestricted funding, with the hope of allowing IDinsight to scale its model of supporting and evaluating development interventions.
- September 2014: Good Ventures granted $34,382 to IDinsight as part of our project to support the development of future GiveWell top charities.
- May 4, 2017: Why GiveWell is partnering with IDinsight. This blog post discusses our work with IDinsight.
- January 19, 2017: GiveWell Incubation Grants. This blog post discusses the goals of our Incubation Grants program, including our work with IDinsight.
Notes from conversations
For notes from conversations with IDinsight, see our conversations page.
Projects with IDinsight
New Incentives RCT
- IDinsight report on the baseline survey for the RCT of New Incentives
- IDinsight's RCT of New Incentives. We're partnering with IDinsight to conduct a randomized controlled trial (RCT) of New Incentives' incentives for immunization program.
- Site visit: February 2017. As part of our partnership, IDinsight visited New Incentives, another GiveWell Incubation Grant recipient, in Nigeria.
- GiveWell and IDinsight: Fistula Surgery Project. We're partnering with IDinsight to support the identification or development of a GiveWell top charity focused on fistula surgery.
- GiveWell and IDinsight: Cataract Surgery Project. We're partnering with IDinsight to support the development or identification of a GiveWell top charity focused on cataract surgery.