Last Updated: December 2021
A core part of our research process is following the progress of charities to which GiveWell directs a significant amount of funding. On this page you can find links to all of our content on New Incentives, one of our top charities, which we have supported with Incubation Grants.
- Our current review, published in November 2020.
All grants to New Incentives
This table includes all grants to New Incentives that GiveWell had the discretion to make, or recommended to another funder.1
- November 2021: New Incentives' Coverage Assessments: Plans as of October 2021. In September 2021, New Incentives began conducting baseline vaccination coverage assessments before starting to work in new areas. It plans to reassess vaccination coverage after it has worked in each of the new areas for a year, and then every six months. This page records how we expect to use findings from these assessments to update our cost-effectiveness analysis of New Incentives' program.
- March 2020: GiveWell's Pre-Analysis Plan for the New Incentives RCT: Addendum on Internal and External Validity (archived version). This page is a supplement to the main pre-analysis plan for the New Incentives RCT that was published externally. It pre-registers further details about the additional information GiveWell plans to review and the factors we expect to consider that could increase or decrease our confidence in the main results or their validity outside of the evaluation period.
- August 2019: IDinsight's RCT of New Incentives — Endline Evaluation. IDinsight received a GiveWell Incubation Grant to complete its randomized controlled trial (RCT) of New Incentives' conditional cash transfer program for infant immunization in northern Nigeria. We plan to use the results of this RCT as a key input for an investigation during 2020 into whether to recommend New Incentives as a top charity.
- June 2019: IDinsight Report on Baseline Survey for New Incentives RCT.
- June 2017: IDinsight's RCT of New Incentives. We're partnering with IDinsight to conduct a randomized controlled trial (RCT) of New Incentives' incentives for immunization program.
Notes from conversations
For notes from conversations with New Incentives, see our conversations page.
- Site visit: February 2017. As part of GiveWell's partnership with IDinsight, IDinsight visited New Incentives in Nigeria.
This table doesn't include:
- donations made to GiveWell that were restricted by donors to supporting New Incentives; or
- donations that were made to New Incentives directly by donors using our top charity list, but not on the basis of a specific recommendation from us.