Thanks for your interest in donating securities to GiveWell!
Securities donations are non-refundable in most cases, and we sell them for USD shortly after we receive them. If you have any questions about how to donate securities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before making your donation.
Please complete our securities donation form below prior to sending your securities to our E*Trade account. Doing so will:
- enable us to match your contact information with securities we receive and send you a receipt;
- allow you to specify your preference for how we allocate your donation; and
- reduce the administrative cost associated with processing your donation.
Donations received without an accompanying donation form submission will be treated as anonymous donations to our unrestricted fund, which we may use to either support our operating expenses (most likely) or grant out to charities at our discretion.
After completing this form, please use GiveWell's E*Trade account information below to make a third party transfer. Please contact your brokerage firm or wherever your funds are held for more information on how to make a transfer.
E*Trade Brokerage Account # 61367909 (DTC # 0385)
The Clear Fund
1714 Franklin Street #100335
Oakland, CA 94612
- Unfortunately, we are not listed on E*Trade's donate-to-charity feature. The best way to make a transfer within E*Trade is to call 1 (800) 387-2331 and request a third party transfer. The E*Trade representative can then make the transfer on your behalf.
- If you are planning to donate Vanguard mutual funds, please consider making the donation via GiveWell's Vanguard donor-advised fund instead.