The organizations listed below support programs that may be extremely cost-effective. We do not currently recommend these organizations to donors, because we have not completed full reviews of these organizations. We list them here as options for donors who put less weight on the value of our vetting process.
We encourage donors who would like to give to these organizations to visit their websites. If you encounter any difficulties, please contact us.
Published: December 2016; Updated: November 2017
Organizations we have invited to apply for consideration
- The Centre for HIV and AIDS Prevention Studies (CHAPS) (http://www.chaps.org.za/): We have invited CHAPS to apply for consideration as a GiveWell top charity.
Organizations we deprioritized before completing a full review
We have briefly looked into the organizations on this list, and may return to them in the future.
- Children without Worms (http://www.childrenwithoutworms.org/): Deprioritized due to lack of track record implementing the types of deworming activities it planned to use additional funding to support.
- The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria (http://www.theglobalfund.org/en/): Deprioritized due to its support for a wide variety of programs, including programs that are not GiveWell priority programs, and the challenge of GiveWell-directed donations supporting a specific program, as well as our impression that the Global Fund would share limited monitoring of the type we rely on.
- GAVI Alliance (http://www.gavi.org/): Deprioritized due to lack of room for more funding.
- Measles and Rubella Initiative (http://measlesrubellainitiative.org/): Deprioritized due to lack of room for more funding.
- Meningitis Vaccine Project (http://www.meningvax.org/): Deprioritized due to lack of room for more funding.
Organizations that declined to fully participate in our process
- The Carter Center (deworming programs) (https://www.cartercenter.org)
- Micronutrient Initiative (http://www.micronutrient.org)
- Episcopal Relief & Development's NetsforLife® Program (http://www.episcopalrelief.org/what-we-do/our-programs/malaria)
- Nothing but Nets (http://nothingbutnets.net/)
- PSI (Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision program) (http://www.psi.org/)
- UNICEF (maternal and neonatal tetanus immunization campaigns) (https://www.unicef.org/health/index_43509.html)
- Vitamin Angels (https://www.vitaminangels.org/)