On November 11, 2019, the Clear Fund Board of Directors, which oversees GiveWell, held a meeting.
We decided not to publish the audio recording of the November 11, 2019 meeting of the board of directors.
The overwhelming majority of the discussion at this meeting included details about (1) individual current staff members, (2) individual potential hires, and (3) a staff morale and engagement survey. We aren't publishing (1) and (2) because we treat performance-related information about current and potential hires as confidential. On (3), a plurality of staff indicated that they preferred not to publish the survey results, as they anticipated that less accurate information could be obtained if survey-takers knew the results would be made public.
We chose not to produce a redacted recording because it would be time consuming to remove the above information and would result in a disjointed, short, and difficult-to-understand record of the meeting.
- There is no public board meeting audio
- Agenda (redacted)
- Attachment A - GiveWell's Recent Progress and Future Plans (redacted)
- Attachment B - GiveWell's Values (draft)
- Attachment C - GiveWell Staff Morale and Engagement Flex Survey (unpublished)
- Attachment D - Administrative Items for Vote
- Attachment E - Minutes of the July 29 Board Meeting