On October 30, 2017, the Clear Fund Board of Directors, which oversees GiveWell, held a meeting.
If you'd like to listen to the entire meeting, the link below allows you to do so. Please note that all Board meetings are monitored for comments that (a) are both easily misinterpreted and insignificant; (b) compromise agreements of confidentiality that GiveWell has made to obtain information that does not belong to it; or (c) relate to legal matters, such that legal counsel should be involved in any public statements on these matters. These comments are then removed. This recording contains six such removals, totaling 23 minutes and 16 seconds.
- Board meeting audio (1 hour, 32 minutes, 59 seconds)
- Attachment A1 - State of GiveWell - October 2017
- Attachment B1 - GiveWell strategy review - August 2017
- Attachment C1 - Outreach update - October 2017
- Attachment D1 - GiveWell budget update - October 2017
- Attachment D2 - GiveWell's "excess assets" policy
- Attachment D3 - Application of the "excess assets" policy
- Attachment E1 - Minutes for the June 6, 2017 board meeting
- Attachment E2 - Resolutions to approve minutes from June 6, 2017 board meeting
- Attachment F1 - Review of Prior Open Philanthropy Project transactions. This attachment is not publicly available.
- Attachment F2 - What are GiveWell's major priorities over the next 3-5 years?
- Attachment G1 - Creation of the Finance Subcommittee
- Attachment H1 - Revision of by-laws regarding the determination of the number of directors