Note: the Open Philanthropy Project was previously known as GiveWell Labs.
This page links to our investigations of causes for the Open Philanthropy Project.
These overviews on topics that we have not previously examined are not researched and vetted to the same level as our standard recommendations. In these projects, we typically work for a fixed amount of time, rather than continuing until we answer all possible questions to the best of our abilities.
- Aid to fragile and conflict-affected states
- Advocacy for improved or increased U.S. foreign aid
- Anthropogenic climate change
- Antibiotic resistance
- Attendance of selective colleges amongst high-performing, low-income students
- Autonomous vehicles
- Broadband policy
- Detection of near-Earth asteroids
- Environment for business in low-income countries
- Geomagnetic storms
- Global catastrophic risks
- Improving funding allocation within HIV/AIDS programs in developing countries
- Increasing the supply of organs for transplantation in the U.S.
- Infrastructure in sub-Saharan Africa
- International labor mobility
- Large volcanic eruptions
- Nuclear security
- Seasonal migration within low-income countries
- Software patent reform
- Tobacco control in low- and middle-income countries
- Traffic safety in low- and middle-income countries
- Treatment of animals in industrial agriculture